What is in this guide?
This guide highlights various Library resources and tools for planning and conducting your research project as well as disseminating your findings.
Who is this guide for?
This guide's audience is mentors (typically faculty) and undergraduate students working on projects outside of the classroom.
What about research for a class assignment?
For support with assignments, please see our Assignment Help pages.
Who supports undergraduate research?
Nationally, this high-impact transformational learning practice is supported via funding for Undergraduate Research Experience Program (UREP) projects. To learn more, visit the Qatar Research, Development and Innovation (QRDI) portal.
- Enhances student learning through mentoring relationships with faculty
- Increases retention and graduation in academic programs
- Increases enrollment in graduate education and provides effective career preparation
- Develops critical thinking, creativity, problem-solving, and intellectual independence
- Develops an understanding of research methodology
- Promotes an innovation-oriented culture
- Develops competencies that speak to career-readiness